0.4.4 fixes a security vulnerability. Please upgrade!
I2P-Bote is a plugin for I2P that allows users to send and receive emails while preserving privacy. It does not need a mail server because emails are stored in a distributed hash table. They are automatically encrypted and digitally signed, which ensures no one but the intended recipient can read the email, and third parties cannot forge them.
- One-click creation of email accounts (called email identities)
- Emails can be sent under a sender identity, or anonymously
- Encryption and signing is transparent, without the need to know about PGP
- Sending via relays for stronger anonymity guarantees
- ElGamal, Elliptic Curve, and NTRU Encryption
- Delivery confirmation
- Themeable webmail interface
- User interface translated in many languages
- Basic support for short recipient names
- IMAP and SMTP support (IMAP temporarily disabled in 0.3)
- Custom folders
- Identities shared across devices
- Receiving via relays
- Further traffic correlation countermeasures